John Girard is sought after international speaker who is well-known for his dynamic, entertaining, and informative style. He has spoken to groups on every continent (well except for Antarctica) and always receives rave reviews. Here are a few examples (many more available):
- Brilliant! The perfect blend of theory and practice delivered with enthusiasm and energy. (London, England event)
- John was engaging and very enthused. Enjoyable and thought provoking. (Sydney, Australia event)
- Succinct, engaging, entertaining and relevant (Melbourne, Australia event)
- Great balance of multimedia, stories/interaction. Impressive presenter (Sydney Australia event)
- Dr. Girard’s presentation was excellent. Even though it was right after lunch, it kept me awake. He was really enthusiastic and upbeat about the whole presentation. (Toronto, Canada event)
- You packed an amazing amount of information into a very short time frame and I am surprised at how much material I retained due to your excellent choice and placement of stories and examples to make your point. (Ottawa, Canada event)
John P. Girard, Ph.D. holds the Peyton Anderson Endowed Chair in Information Technology at Middle Georgia State University’s School of Information Technology. He is a professor, storyteller, and adventurer who has enjoyed the privilege of speaking to leaders on six continents about technology, leadership, and culture. Engaging with students on a daily basis ensures he remains current in the ever-changing world in which we live and do business. John has traveled to more than 110 countries investigating globalization and innovation in action.
John has published seven books in the domains of technology, leadership, and culture, including: Strategic Data-base Wisdom in the Big Data Era (2015), Social Roots: Why Social Innovations are Creating the Influence Economy (2014), Sage Sayings: Inspiring Native American Passages for Leaders (2014), Business Goes Virtual: Realizing the Value of Collaboration(2011), Social Knowledge: Using Social Media to Know What You Know (2011), A Leader’s Guide to Knowledge Management: Drawing on the Past to Enhance Future Performance (2009) and Building Organizational Memories: Will you Know what you Knew? (2009).
Recently, John has been speaking widely on the impact of Big Data and why managers should be interested. His keynote, plenary talks, and workshops on Big Data include: China Productivity Center (2016), Al Falah University, Dubai (2016), Emirates College of Technology, Abu Dhabi (2016), KM Singapore (2015), Sales and Marketing Middle East (2015), Eighteenth Annual Conference of the Southern Association for Information Systems (2015), KM Russia (2015), International Association of Computer Information Systems Conference (2014), and International Online Symposium (2014). Learning from the participants at these events has been an eye-opening experience. There is absolutely no doubt that many managers remain perplexed with the ideas of Big Data.
Prior to transitioning to the academy, John was acting Director of Knowledge Management at National Defence Headquarters in Ottawa, Canada. He served for 24 years in the Canadian Forces, retiring at the rank of Lieutenant-Colonel. John has been recognized as a Fellow & Distinguished Scholar of The International Institute for Applied Knowledge Management, a Certified Information Professional, a Chartered Manager, and a Member of City & Guilds Institute of London. In 2016, John was a Fulbright Scholar working with Al Ain University of Science of Technology in the UAE. He was awarded Middle Georgia State University’s Award for Outstanding Scholarship in 2016.